Friday 31 March 2017

Mini Jem for sale

A few years after he completely restored it, Tony Fysh has now decided to part with one of his Mk2 Mini Jems. It is in fact the car (or its body shell) that was featured in the second blog posting I ever wrote, back in 2010 (see it here). Tony wrote: "Hi Jeroen. I am seriously considering selling my Mk2 Mini Jem due mainly to a lack of use. The car has featured on your website a few years ago (that was here). It underwent a total nut and bolt restoration over a period of just under 2 years. It has been unused for at least 18 months but is still in excellent condition although not concourse."

"I have hundreds of photos of the work from start to finish detailing every aspect of the rebuild. The steel sections in the body were cut out where corroded and replaced before being re-glassed into the shell. It has many period modifications and everything was either replaced or rebuilt to as new. The car gets lots of attention at every show I took it to for the first two years after the rebuild. The Mini Jem is great to drive and I am sure that in the right persons hands will give lots of fun days out. I am unsure but I believe that the car has covered around 550 miles since completion. Many thanks and keep up the great work. (I might start on the second one shortly). I have too many kit car projects and not enough time! Regards Tony." 

Well… This is a great opportunity to buy a truly gorgeous car. I have placed the ad with many technical details in the For Sale Section here. And I'm sure this one will be sold swiftly, too!

UPDATE: Sold within two hours. Told you so!

A nut and bolt restoration, and some 550 miles since. This car is as good underneath as it is here 
Picture courtesy Tony Fysh

The body dates back to 1971. Steel sections in it were cut out and replaced where necessary
Picture courtesy Tony Fysh

The engine is a 1310cc with a long, long list of new parts. Same goes for the suspension
Picture courtesy Tony Fysh

Britax folding roof gives a good view on that lovely dashboard with new instruments
Picture courtesy Tony Fysh

Roll over bar fitted, like new petrol tank, exhaust etc., etc. The list is too long!
Picture courtesy Tony Fysh

1 comment: